One of the most common errors people make with their refrigerators is not cleaning it out frequently enough. While some guests may not be too keen on cleaning out the fridge, there are many ways you could approach this task to help keep it germ-free and clean more often!
Here are 5 ways to help keep your refrigerator clean and healthy:
1. Check the Temperature
One of the most important steps you can take to keep your refrigerator clean is to check the temperature. You should always make sure the refrigerator is at or below the recommended temperature range.
If your refrigerator isn’t in use, you can also clean it by opening all the doors and using a vacuum cleaner on the floor and shelves. You can also use a duster to clean the interior of the fridge. Make sure to seal all surfaces before cleaning so dust and allergens don’t accumulate again.
2. Clean the Interior and Exterior
To keep your refrigerator clean, you’ll need to clean the interior and exterior.
The interior of your refrigerator can be cleaned with a damp cloth. Wipe down all of the surfaces, including the door seals and the glass shelves. Make sure to clean behind the ice maker and in the crevices between the shelves and cabinet walls.
The exterior of your refrigerator can be washed with a garden hose or a car washer. Make sure to rinse off all of the soap residue before putting your refrigerator back in service.
3. Pre-Clean the interior and exterior on a Weekly Basis
It is important to keep your refrigerator clean in order to avoid food spoilage and bacteria growth. Here are some steps you can take to help keep your refrigerator clean:
1. Pre-clean the interior and exterior of the refrigerator on a weekly basis. This will remove any food particles and dust that may have accumulated over the course of the week.
2. Keep the door closed as much as possible to prevent food from entering the interior of the fridge through the ventilation system.
3. Do not store perishable foods in the fridge at all, especially if they have been exposed to strong odors or liquids.
4. Remove all dirty dishes and food items immediately after cooking or eating in order to prevent bacterial growth.
4. Use a Vacuum Sealer to Keep Food Fresh
One way to keep food fresh is to use a vacuum sealer. This will keep the food protected from moisture and bacteria.
To use a vacuum sealer, put the food in a container and place the container in the vacuum sealer. Make sure the lid is closed properly. The machine will create a vacuum around the food, which will prevent moisture and bacteria from entering and damaging it.
5. Store Food in Proper Containers
One way to help keep your refrigerator clean is to store food in proper containers. This will help to prevent food from becoming contaminated and make your refrigerator difficult to clean.
Another way to help keep your refrigerator clean is to regularly clean the interior of the refrigerator. This can be done by using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment or by using a cleaning solution.
Takeaway: If there are any problems with your refrigerator, don’t hesitate to call us at completerefrigerationservices.com for help!
5 Steps to Help Keep Your Refrigerator Clean
Keeping your refrigerator clean is an important part of keeping your food fresh and protecting yourself from food-borne illnesses. Here are 5 easy steps to help keep your refrigerator clean and healthy:
1. Clean the interior surface of the refrigerator once a week with a damp cloth.
2. Wipe down the shelves every two weeks with a damp cloth.
3. Clean the exterior of the refrigerator with a damp cloth every six months.
4. Empty and clean the garbage disposal once a month.
5. Clean the inside air filters on the roof every four months